- Permanent, Full Time
- Greater London
- Closes 18th June 2018
- Requisition ID: WD170286
Are you looking for a Finance Director role or aspire to be one? Do you want a role which will allow you to contribute positively to not only your community but the world? Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
The role supports two functions: Finance and Corporate Functions. For Finance, this requires strong support for FLT members and their teams, as well as interactions with the CFO; Corporate Functions covers Emma’s direct team as well as the Strategy, Development & Performance team; Corporate Secretariat; Corporate Development and Global Health Programmes. This creates an excellent opportunity for regular, direct exposure to senior management. It requires the demonstration of commercial acumen, strategic insight, a broad perspective, rigorous analysis, proactive challenge and advice, and exceptional execution.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Provide financial and strategic advice to members of the FLT, the SVPs in Corporate Functions, and their departments in order to actively contribute to delivery of overall financial performance.
• Actively contribute to delivery of overall performance through effective reporting and analysis in partnership with CCM/Genpact.
• Assist with resource allocation and investment decision support, particularly around projects and re-organisations.
• Contribute to GSF financial performance through rigorous analysis and analytical decision making
• Facilitate dialogue, debate and challenge with stakeholders through visual and clearly presented options and analyses.
Financial management and governance:
• Review monthly actual results, prepare budgets (Plan, Updates 1 & 2) and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers. Investigate anomalies/actions on a timely basis to ensure accurate financial results.
• Meet regularly with FLT and Corporate Functions SVPs to build an understanding of individual departmental activities and partner with stakeholders to align financial and strategic priorities.
• Work with the function to prepare and consolidate global budgets, plans and forecasts for the function - including action plans to achieve required savings, insightful commentary and timely identification of risks and opportunities.
• Maintain and improve methodology to allocate costs to the segments and track actuals against plan.
• Manage project prioritisation, and provide robust challenge to investment plans to ensure the maximum return.
• Prepare Investment cases/ STPs for OE funding when required.
• Ensure proactive and effective coordination across finance teams including: the GSF FP team, the Central Cost Management (CCM) team in finance services, corporate finance, regional and local finance teams.
Influence and build relationships:
• Establish strong business partnerships with functional senior management, budget owners and project managers by understanding the business area, objectives, needs and issues.
• Build strong relationships with CCM and other central finance services teams.
• Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by creating and leveraging a network of key partners within finance and the business.
• Develop team member skills and capabilities. Source and develop talent for the wider Global Support Functions Finance team.
Process Improvement and simplification:
• Identify and support simplification projects and implementation of best practices.
• Gain a thorough understanding of the Finance Targeting Operating Model (TOM), and raise appropriate challenges where the TOM is not functioning effectively or where continuous improvement could be made.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 18th June 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Finance or business degree and Professional qualification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, MBA)
• Financial management experience in a commercial environment
•Experience of financial analysis, forecasting, planning and decision support.
•Strong IT skills and ability to work with a range of financial systems.
Demonstrated ability to display key attributes of successful finance business partnering.
Key Finance Partnering Capabilities:
• Driving Partnerships
• Catalyst for Change
• Option Analysis & Decision Making
• Questioning & Challenging
• Being Enterprise Minded
• Communicating for Results.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive On Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.