- Permanent, Full Time
- Greater London
- Closes 18th June 2018
- Requisition ID: WD169736
Are you looking for a Financial Controller role or aspire to be one? Do you want a role which will allow you to contribute positively to not only your community but the world? Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
The Financial Controller, Corporate Entities and Group Reporting role sits within the Corporate Finance Controller organisation and provides an excellent opportunity to gain an enterprise-wide perspective of the GSK Group and to gain development in a controllership role. The role is responsible for the financial controllership, ownership and governance over Tier 1 and Tier 2 UK and US Corporate entities. The role will also be responsible for providing challenge and insight through the presentation of high quality business information and analytics to the level of the Board, Corporate Executive Team (CET), Group CFO and Group Financial Controller on the GSK Group consolidated results. The role will require direct contact with the Group CFO and Group Financial Controller and will also require close working with finance teams at all levels within finance shared services (FS) teams, Corporate teams and the commercial operating units.
This role is part of the Corporate Reporting (Group Consolidation) team and reports to Alistair Davidson (Director, Corporate Reporting. The Corporate Reporting team sits within the Corporate Financial Controller group led by the Group Financial Controller.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Controllership, ownership and governance over the Tier 1 and Tier 2 UK and US Corporate entities (and developing processes applicable to all active UK and US Corporate entities) including P&L and balance sheet reporting, process improvement and interactions with external auditors (including during the hard close and year end audit);
• Working with finance shared services, Corporate and commercial finance to ensure that transactions reflected in the Corporate entities are appropriate and accurate;
• Responsibility for the final review and approval of the Financial Statements of the Corporate entities within the role’s responsibility;
• The role will be expected to define and implement controllership and oversight processes as well as supporting the Finance Services process to resolve historical reconciliation issues
• Co-ordinate the group consolidation, analysis and internal reporting for GSK’s actual results, with specific focus on the Group’s balance sheet and cash flow.
• Responsible for the integrity of the Group’s consolidated balance sheet and cash flow.
• Responsible for ensuring alignment of GSK’s management results with external reported statutory results.
• Providing high quality financial analytics to support the external results process, including the quarterly earnings releases and Annual Report.
• Providing ad hoc financial analysis to support the Group CFO, Group Financial Controller and Corporate Investor Relations team.
• Provide instructions to legal entities on accounting for acquisitions/disposals and ensure these are controlled within GSK’s consolidated results (working in conjunction with the Director, Global Alliances and Integrations).
• Deputise for Director Corporate Reporting.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 18th June 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Educated to degree level
• Member of Professional Finance Institute or equivalent qualification: ACA/CIMA/ACCA/ CPA/MBA or equivalent
• Financial Reporting and Control experience
• Demonstrable relevant experience of Financial Reporting and Control in a large multi-national organisation with a highly complex matrix environment, ideally including experience of multi-national group consolidations.
• Knowledge and experience of the Internal Control Framework including Sarbanes Oxley
• High degree of technical competence in Financial Accounting/consolidation principles.
• Demonstrated experience engaging with senior management and all levels of the organisation with ability to influence, negotiate and facilitate resolution of issues.
• Financial and analytical proficiency, good attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and to prioritise multiple demands with varying degrees of complexity and apply project management skills
• Results focus, ability to achieve quality and deliver on deadlines is essential
• Strategic thinker with the ability to solve complex problems and deliver improvements to existing business processes.
• Experience of managing staff especially through a changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication & effective influencing skills.
• Challenge existing processes to ensure they provide high quality information on a timely basis.
• Identifying the need for and responding quickly to change
• Demonstrable risk management, process improvement and project management skills
• Experience in managing / working with an outsourced services provider an advantage.
• Understanding of GSK accounting policies as they should be applied at an Operating Unit/Legal Entity level, including the treatment of Intercompany transactions (particularly supply of goods cross-border) and intellectual property ownership structures.
Sound knowledge of current accounting standards with good knowledge of GSK’s financial processes and consolidation system.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive On Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.