- Permanent, Full Time
- Closes 18th June 2018
- Requisition ID: WD165912
We have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Legal Services Procurement team. This function within GSK is widely recognised throughout the industry as being at the forefront of legal services procurement. This team’s work has been the subject of a Harvard Business School case study, numerous legal trade articles as well as earned numerous awards from Procurement Leaders and the Buying Legal Council.
The role will be responsible for leading the creation, execution and management of comprehensive global sourcing strategies including;
• Leveraging deep category and market expertise
• Operating in a truly global manner
• Utilising GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
• Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
• Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
• Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies
• Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
• Ensuring financial benefit delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by the business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
• Leading, developing and managing the supply base, globally, for the in scope spend categories
• Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
• Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
Strategy creation & execution
• Create comprehensive global sourcing strategy for spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Category Leader to ensure full alignment with global strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and the fit with regional strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Be the global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Deliver global benefits, quality, service, cost and innovation.
• Create and deliver effective global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead regional supply base reviews and global strategy reviews.
• Develop and implement effective, partnership, ways of working within the category management structure across geographical regions to ensure a cohesive regional approach to regional categories, aligned globally where required
• Initiate and lead processes to enable regional and local Procurement representatives to input regional and local business requirements and market dynamic information
• Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 18th June 2018
• Qualified to minimum Degree level within appropriate subject
• Experienced Procurement Manager, ideally within a Legal or Professional/Consulting Services Category
• Strong familiarity in sourcing complex human labour based services
• Able to conduct reverse auctions
• SAP system knowledge
• CIPS or further qualification
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this.
Who will I be working with?
Click here to meet your team.
How do I develop my career?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
• You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
How will I be rewarded?
Our Total Reward Package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Bonus Scheme
• 26 days + 8 bank holidays annual leave
• Pension scheme offering up to 10% company contribution
• Share Option & Save Schemes
• Plus much more
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.