- Permanent, Full Time
- Closes 6th June 2018
- Requisition ID: WD164465
- Required degrees: Bachelors
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
How fits with overall GSK strategy:
Search Technologies are a fundamental enabler of the GSK Strategy. The solutions created will make enhance employee productivity across GSK by a creating simple and consistent experience that will enable productivity gains at an individual and enterprise level.
The role is accountable for ensuring the quality of the technical design, build and deployment of a given new technology area of the Search program. This entails managing multiple technical
engineers and coordinating across multiple Platforms teams, and Operational teams to ensure alignment of overall solution and adherence to security, scale and flexibility requirements.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
1. Overall responsibility for the Search Architecture, design, build and deployment model for all Search Technologies across GSK:
2. Specifies the solution design, engineering build and deployment model of Search Technology within agreed business requirements
• Accountable for the overall Search Technology design within the GSK Solution Landscape
• Defines on behalf of GSK the system design for strategic Search Solutions. As part of these requirements specify:
o How the solutions will perform to meet given requirements
o System Architecture / Scale / Security / Flexibility Design
o Deployment Model Design
o Systems reporting & analytics design
• Working in conjunction with other Platforms Leads and BU Tech Leads agrees overall technical systems design of Search Systems (e.g. Performance, Scalability, Security, Flexibility, User Experience.
• Iterates and adapts the Search standards as appropriate to enable adoption of standard Search systems and applications.
• Accountable for ensuring changes to the Search Architecture are designed in a way that maintains integrity of the design
3. Reviews Search Solutions to ensure that they align to specified requirements
• Plans and coordinates resourcing to deliver solution build soliciting appropriate feedback from Platforms LT and BU Tech Organisation.
• Plans and coordinates Search resourcing to support all solution builds and test activities for new strategic systems.
• Identifies and delivers the Search Design and ensures Product and business stakeholders and suppliers fully understand the overall design and fit with other areas
• Accountable for ensuring integration with other BU Tech and ensuring all designs are taken through appropriate governance.
• Ensures the design of the Search system is aligned to the GSK Standards, and makes effective re-use of existing reference standards
• Accountable for ensuring the design is delivered in a way that is globally deployable. The role is accountable for defining elements of the design that are fixed and can’t be changed and areas where the business has flexibility
• Provides a focal point for resolving strategic Search Architecture topics in order to ensure that the design is delivered in line with product objectives and is right for GSK as a whole
• Ensure the design can be deployed in a standard and simple manner
4. Governs standards
• Reviews any proposed new Search technology platform
• Decides how to build new Search solutions to reflect new requirements or an opportunity for improvement providing.
• In partnership with the Platforms LT & Business, decides when proposed new Search technologies will be introduced into the GSK solution landscape.
• In partnership with the Platforms LT & Business, decides when proposed deviations from solution landscape should be denied.
• Accountable for ensuring the technology design is robust and sustainable long term for GSK, both from a business requirements perspective, meeting quality criteria and supportability of the asset.
• Proactively identifies opportunities to continuously improve the overall effectiveness of the financial investment associated with Search solutions.
5. Drives continuous improvement
• Responsible for defining benefits targets with Integration Engineering Snr Director and ensures delivery against those targets aligned to a specific Search Technology
• Proactively and on ongoing basis consults inside and outside of GSK to identify good practices that will enable improvements in Search technology adoption
• Provides comprehensive experience in developing and setting Search strategy in context of New Technologies, driving adoption of best practices, incorporating both internal and external industry standards.
6. Champions standardization
• Champions across GSK, at all levels of the organization, the benefits of process, data and Search solution standardization
• Ensure the design is well documented. Work with the relevant teams to ensure the solution is built according to the design.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience
• Expert Search technical experience preferably with HP Autonomy, Elastic Search, Akumina, Sharepoint VNEXT.
• Demonstrated breadth of knowledge and solution delivery experience across the end-to-end
• technology that they own, acquired through multiple leadership roles in global Search implementations
• Knowledge of external and internal best practices relevant to aligned technical area
• Knowledge of the network of opinion leaders and subject matter experts relevant to their technical area (both inside and outside GSK)
• Strong Strategic Direction Setting Capability: possess a strong visioning / direction setting capability. They understand how and when to consult in arriving upon this direction and how and when to decide.
• Continuous Improvement – capable of setting clear goals and tracking the realization of these goals through business changes and systems implementation programmes.
• Highly Structured Analytical Approach: capable of operating in a highly structured and standardized framework for specifying build and deployment models etc.
• Information Search – possess advanced research and networking skills enabling them to remain up to date with innovations from inside and outside GSK enabling you to bring new best practice ideas that support your business customers realize their objectives
• Flexible Thinking: possess sound judgment on how and when to take on board innovative new ideas. They must clearly perceive the multiple options for any decision that they make and make balanced decisions based on facts and data.
• Consulting skills –have strong interpersonal skills capable at building relationships across different stakeholder and technical groups in the organization, capturing and aligning inputs from these groups then driving them to an agreed direction.
• Teamwork –be capable of working effectively in large, complex cross technical teams
• Communication –will be capable of creating simple, compelling messages that summarise their desired direction and clarify the benefits to GSK of following this direction
• Planning – be capable of defining detailed plans for their aligned sub-teams and driving these sub-teams to deliver to these plans within Waterfall & Agile frameworks.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.