- Permanent, Full Time
- Closes 31st May 2018
- Requisition ID: WD154532
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. Our powerful combination of skills and resources provide the platform for delivering strong growth and the platform for responding quickly to the rapidly changing global healthcare environment. We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 markets, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
We are currently recruiting a Pharmacy Technician to be based at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
• Responsible for providing advice and input into all studies undertaken in the CUC requiring new formulation techniques, manufacturing activities, dispensing, dose preparation, re-packaging, labeling and administration.
• Interact with Clinical Matrix Study Teams to provide input into proposed study designs, protocols, dose preparation and pharmacy dispensing worksheets to ensure inclusion of appropriate GMP/ Pharmacy/ Manufacturing requirements.
• Responsible for performing various dispensing tasks with skill, attention to detail and accuracy including preparation of compounds including IV formulations for administration in Phase 1 Clinical Trials.
• Responsible for providing training in Pharmacy/manufacturing procedures and knowledgeable advice on the preparation of pharmaceutical compounds.
• Responsibility for maintenance and servicing of equipment used in Pharmacy/manufacturing activities and the purchase of new and state of the art equipment.
• Review and contribute to relevant CUC SOP’s
• Interaction with regulatory bodies e.g. MHRA/Home office.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 31st May at 17:00 GMT.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
• Knowledge of GMP.
• The ability to produce clear, legible and accurate written documentation.
• Excellent organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to work within teams.
• Experience of IV drug preparation, clinical trial drug dispensing.
• Experience of Extemporaneous dose preparations.
• Ability to understand the basic principles of the study design. Demonstrate ability to learn and apply new techniques.
• Good verbal, written and presentation skills. Excellent organization skills. Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills to achieve objectives in a matrix environment.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.