- Tuesday 15th May 2018 10:00 - 15:00
- Event Type
Want to inspire the next generation of women in STEM? Can you help break down stereotypes about STEM careers? Take advantange of this amazing, FREE opportunity to be trained in WISE's revolutionary People Like Me approach.
Join a network of over 1,900 trained ambassadors who are using the resource to change mindsets and help girls feel confident exploring STEM careers. The resource has reached over 5,000 girls since being launched in 2015 and now we are creating a new resource pack just for the Thurrock region.
The new packs feature local labour market info, details of local employers and local role models. If you work with young women in south Essex, this resource and training can revolutionise the way you help them explore STEM careers.
These pathways are rewarding and exciting, let's make sure all young women are supported to explore them and see people just like them who are happy and successful working in STEM.
The People Like Me training is a three-hour session covering:
- Raising awareness of unconscious bias, how it affects all of us from the classroom through to the workplace and at home.
- An introduction to People Like Me, understanding the research, the approach and methodology
- Undertaking the People Like Me quiz as a trainer
- Training on delivery of the People Like Me resource in schools
Training on extension sessions such as:
- Having role models as part of the sessions
- Mother and Daughter sessions
- Homework suggestions for the classroom (teacher led)
At the end of this session you will be aware of your biases, confident in delivering a People Like Me session and will understand a little more about why you are happy in your role!