- Thursday 15th March 2018 16:00 - 18:30
- Event Type
- STEM Sector
- WISE and Leeds City Council
Career Changing: Creating pathways for women to take up jobs and careers requiring technical skills
- Are you an employer with skills shortages in digital, tech, advanced manufacturing, engineering or construction? Do you want to increase your technical skills talent pool?
UK companies with 250 or more employees will have to publish their gender pay gap data by April 2018, under a new legal requirement – could you offer women a route to take up higher paid roles within your organisation?
Do you want to know how you could retrain women to work within your organisation within 2-6 months?
- Are you an FE, professional body or a training provider able to offer technical training?
- Are you a community or public-sector organisation working with women who may access training schemes?
Find out how you could develop partnerships and offer women the opportunity to retrain in the workplace. You will hear best practices that help employers access an extended talent pool at all levels and have the opportunity to engage with Leeds City Council and local providers to explore how you could do this yourselves. Speakers will include:
- Councillor Rafique – Leeds City Council
- Sky – Get into Tech programme
- Leeds College of Building
- Mott Macdonald
WISE and Leeds City Council would like to invite you this exciting workshop/discussion and to join us by actively championing diversity in this ‘Year of the Engineer’ - help us make Leeds the home of the female Engineer!