- Accenture Liquid Studio,
70 Mark Ln,
- Thursday 22nd February 2018 18:00 - 20:30
- Event Type
- STEM Sector
- BCSWomen AI Accelerator event in collaboration with WiTT
You, me and AI - The future of skills and careers in the age of AI
Click here to register for this event.
There has been much talk of robots and Artificial Intelligence (AI) replacing people and leading to mass unemployment. Is this fear justified or will we see a rise in human-in-the-loop style of automation, where AI works closely with people to increase their productivity?
For many, AI is new and brings with it uncertainty about jobs and the future. BCSWomen, as part of its AI Accelerator programme, and in collaboration with WiTT, is bringing together a group of experts, practitioners, and thought leaders to discuss some of the important questions that AI raises:
- Should we fear AI?
- Have the media become AI scaremongers?
- Has the government got its head in the sand when it comes to automation and AI?
- How will the shift towards automation using intelligent machines change the skills landscape and employment?
- Are business leaders being laggards and not helping build skills and opportunities?
- How should industry and academia respond to the rise of AI and the skills that are needed to tap into the technology?
- What should we be doing to gain AI skills to improve our future career prospects?
- What resources are there for people to learn about AI and how to get into this industry?
The event will begin with introductions and a short talk by each panel member, followed by a debate and Q&A.
There will be an AI demo by Accenture followed by drinks and nibbles.
- 6 – 6.30 pm Registration
- 6.30 – 6.50 pm Panel member talks/presentations
- 6.50 – 7.30 pm Panel debate & Q&A
- 7.30 – 7.50 pm Accenture AI demo
- 7.50- 8.30 pm Networking over drinks and nibbles
- 8.30 pm Close
- Pat Chapmen-Pincher, NED and executive mentor
- Laetitia Cailleteau, Managing Director at Accenture for UKI Emerging Tech & Global Lead for Virtual Agents, Liquid Studio Director (London)
- Clara Durodié, Founder and Managing Partner at Cognitive Finance Group
- Sarah Burnett, Everest Group Vice President and chair of BCSWomen
The panel will be chaired by Audrey Mandela, Chair, Women in Telecoms & Technology, Co-Founder, Multimap, independent Consultant, Angel Investor.