Crawley, West Sussex
- Tuesday 24th October 2017 00:00 - 15:00
- Event Type
- STEM Sector
- Thales and The Prince's Trust
Do you know someone who is aged 16 – 30 and not in education, employment or training?
WISE member, Thales is working in partnership with The Prince's Trust to help young people get into work by offering a 4-week experience programme called ‘Get into Engineering’on site in Crawley.
The ‘Get into Engineering’ programme will offer the following:
- One week experience of the engineering V-lifecycle using LEGO mindstorm!
- One week work placement in one of the following four areas: Software, Hardware, Systems or Central Operations.
- Two weeks training on employability, teamwork, communication and health and safety.
- The chance to join us as a permanent employee
Taster Day: 24 October
The Taster day will provide a bit more detail about Thales and the’ Get into Engineering’ programme. Attendees will get a tour of the Thales Crawley site, complete some group exercises and interview for a place on the 4-week programme.
Get into Engineering Programme: 6 -30 November
No engineering experience/qualifications are required; however the person must be able to demonstrate an interest in engineering and the motivation and commitment to complete the 4-week programme
If you would like to refer someone for the programme please contact Dominic.John@princes-trust.org.uk for more information
If you know someone who is 16 – 30 and is not in education, employment or training and would be interested in joining the programme please refer them to the Prince’s Trust using the Online Form (Please specify ‘Engineering’ in the ‘which programme are they interested in?’ section)