- McLaren Technology Centre (Woking, UK) and McLaren Applied Technologies (London, UK)
- Closes 18th November 2017
We take performance beyond what was thought possible, working with visionaries and leaders to move our world forwards faster.
McLaren Applied Technologies is an advanced technology, innovation, and design company, on a mission to improve lives in industries as diverse as public transport and health. We innovate using the skills, insights and experience gained from over 50 years of elite racing competition in Formula 1.
Whether you have ambition to become an engineer or you aspire to become a visionary that helps McLaren define its strategy through technical management, our graduate programme will transform you into an elite professional.
Which projects you can be a part of:
- Data analytics (Decision Science)
- Software engineering
- Simulation engineering
- Control theory (modern or classical)
- Hardware design
- Communication systems
- Power electronics
- Electronic design
- Electronical engineering
- Platforms and concepts
- Automotive systems
- Medical devices/ systems
On course for an upper second-class qualification or higher in an Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Physics, or similar degree.
Undertaken an industrial placement year and/or summer placement/internship.
You will require aptitude in one or more of the following core skills sets:
- Electronic circuit design;
- Object-oriented programming using languages such as JVM, C++, C#, PERL, Python or other relevant;
- Programming for embedded targets running Linux or Real-Time operating systems using C/C++;
- Hardware description languages such as VHDL and Verilog;
- Developing analytical solutions using MATLAB/Simulink, R and/or Python;
- SQL and/or NoSQL databases (for example MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Distributed processing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark;
- Bayesian Statistics or Machine Learning or Multi-Objective Optimisation;
What we offer:
- Meaningful, challenging and interesting work.
- A unique and inspiring environment full of talented people in high calibre teams.
- Projects at the forefront of innovative thinking.
- We push boundaries and challenge each other. Others watch what we do and follow our lead.
- We will support you to go further than you think you can go, to learn as much as you can and provide you with real life experiences from day one.
- You will have the opportunity to become a STEM ambassador, passing on your knowledge and enthusiasm to the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- You will be assigned a Mentor with whom you will set development objectives, to support your development, training, and progression.
- You’ll be rewarded with a permanent full time contract and competitive starting salary, 25 days holiday, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance for yourself, access to an enhanced company pension scheme, subsidised restaurant, access to an employee discount scheme and family and friends site visits.
McLaren Technology Centre (Woking, UK)
McLaren Applied Technologies (London, UK)
Ready to join our mission? Apply now